Wow!
I went away from my little bloggette, only to return to a plethora of comments ... ok, 10 is HUGE for me.
I have to say thanks to the advice, some of which I've tried already and some of which I doubt I will. All appreciated regardless.
My husband and I sit here, lifeless, at week 7-almost-8. That's 2 months for the slow ones. No offense. Anyway, I was up til 5:30am last "night" with a cranky, irrational spawn. She had a nice evening after a lovely day, and then exploded stomach juice at about midnight. From there on, it was tragedy in many parts. My guess is that her tummy remained ill at ease, but man, can't she just let me sit down a minute? Nopers. The Hubs being exhausted just couldn't physically help with the walking, so it was me all night. I spent what little brain space I had imagining how much I would miss this quality time with her. Like when she's 13 and calling me a Whore or something lovely.
Hey, it got me through the night/day.
Today has been better, with the pediatrician's reluctant recommendation of trying a nipple shield. Ever see this? little silicone wrapper to confuse the confused into thinking my flesh is a bottle. Works about 75% of the time in the past 3 days. Just had a wonderful little nursing experience however, that she just suddenly disrupted with screams of agony that where was I? Why wasn't I feeding her? Why the flogging?
um.
So The Hubs pulled out the bottle and gave her more opportunity-to-puke-juice (boob milk in a bottle). We shall see how the night goes.
maybe I'll get around to writing about how cute she is, her burbles, her recent expression to grabbing things with desire instead of just by accident. I love her noises, her smiles, her coos. I love her feetses, her belly, her eyes that change color daily. I love the chance to see who she will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment