Friday, August 8, 2008

improvements

of course:




You Are 50% Boyish and 50% Girlish





You are pretty evenly split down the middle - a total eunuch.

Okay, kidding about the eunuch part. But you do get along with both sexes.
You reject traditional gender roles. However, you don't actively fight them.

You're just you. You don't try to be what people expect you to be.



I'm ready. No, really!

I actually want school to start. You see, the brain is slow, but it gets there. Like taking the 151 bus to get home instead of the Redline: makes every stop instead of zipping through town to the goal. Metaphor, get it? ah, well. At least I'm not majoring in English...and ready to master OT (the goal anyway)

Emelia has had a rough couple of days. Not really "bad" but not as fun as others. Just nap avoidance, not enough poos, and waking up with a cry instead of a giggle. However, she's starting to amuse herself, reach out to toys (loving her giraffe), and can lay and watch a bit more. I will still hold her as much as possible, but this new independence speaks a lot to me about how she's also ready for me to put her in the care of others.
I hope.


Like father, like daughter
On Wednesday, D and I interviewed a very cool chick for possibly watching E in addition to our good friend. It will be such a comfort for us to have someone come to the apartment instead of lugging her out, especially when the weather turns to permanent "ugh". I'm still torn, as I know and trust our friend so well with her care. However, we have to think about logistics. We were quite happy with who we met, and references so far are great. Now just to finish talking to the other possibility (for formality at this point and the "what if"). I am ready to just say hello and start up things. Basically, I'm feeling better about the mixed arrangement overall than just one person who also has a life and worries. One never knows, eh?

Yesterday, we went for a walk after a few errands to drop off some stuff to our new friends' new baby. Got that? (remember: NOT an English major) E had had enough of the bucket, so I pushed the stroller with her in the sling. On the way home, I put her in the stroller again and she fell asleep immediately. Less of the world to see and keep her awake! This was the best nap she had, which led to her crankiness the rest of the night. Today, she's singing again and cooing, after going back to sleep after a surprise awakening by pixie pokes (or something) at 7am. She just finished a nap, and looks ready for something.
Likely, it's poo. Batten down the hatches, boys, cuz it's going to be a big one!

Another improvement on the day? *I* have had coffee and food. Always key. the sun is shining, my mood is good, maybe we'll see an old friend (Chadwick J) this weekend...now if only I could magically clean this place and finish my paperwork. Shazam!! dang. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment