Saturday, September 27, 2008

arrrrrrrgh (now with pics)

First things first, politics.
*This lady sums it up nicely (thanks Cookie for the linkie to kmkat, and thanks kmkat for the goods)

* there's this delight.

*and finally, for fun, you can do this.

In more personal news, I was feeling pretty confident yesterday that I was going to be able to get a lot done this weekend. Emelia was in a good mood, sleepy but cute, we went to the store, and I got myself some dinner on as Darrell had to work late again.
going forward? (this is her new expression, biting lips)
checks blindspot
moving?
mm hit something
dangit, why can't I go forward? these hands mock me!!! (baby, I know how you feel)

Today, I wake up, and maybe it's from watching McCain and Obama spar last night, but I'm feeling pretty shitty. Gorgeous day, E and her Daddy slept well, and my back is only slightly wonky. Had a few nightmares about what will happen to our country if the unthinkable happens and McCain/Palin gain the seat...pretty nasty to contemplate. I don't care what your politics are, it must be recognized that such incompetence and lying is not going to help to recover us nationally nor internationally.
Now, regardless of this looming mess, the multitude of crap on my plate is feeling overwhelming.

I will succeed. I know this. But it sucks sometimes. I'd rather be at a nice cafe in Madrid or a lovely bed and breakfast in Tuscany. Darrell and I have agreed that when I am done and waiting for my board results, we'll take a break and go on a little jaunt. It's a nice carrot on my stick.

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome.

    Try to ignore the political nonsense and concentrate on your little family.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Obama!! Keep up the great work Shrubs and D...and of course Emelia too.

    ReplyDelete