The title is twofold:
1. School
2. Emelia!
The first is that I didn't really survive our first exams. Not good. I definitely have to do some creative baby-wrangling and tons of continual studying or I will fail a class.
ew. I'm not exaggerating, for all of you that are more familiar with my test-taking skills. This time my powers failed me.
(side funny: a girl in my class, Michelle, said she dreamt this week that she was a super hero. Upon waking, thought "what sort of super hero would I be? Procrastinator Girl!!" She's so cute.)
Back to #2 (which, for those interested, are getting decidedly stankier)
E has been pounding and slapping thngs, when not drooling 8x her body weight (see Dave Berry), sleeping, screaming (a fantaaaabulous new response to anything not to Her Majesty's liking), eating toes, or chuckling (my baby doesn't giggle. that's for sissies apparently).
So I have a great 3 months left to school this semester. I can be extremely thankful for supportive classmates and an understanding faculty. Otherwise, I honestly would be dropping out. Family and friends warm my heart, and sometimes I feel like I'm draining em all via my empathy powers! (Darrell's been watching Heroes).
In the un-noted #3, I'm happy to be hearing lately from a long-misplaced (she was never lost, knowing exactly her place on earth the whole time. I think.) Hi NTMLE!
Today is gorgeous out. D is only working an evile opening shift, so hopefully we can do something that involves social. I need to study, but I also need to balance it with my hubs time. Oh, and it's cold. Waiting on the reappearance of Grandma so we can properly do the clothes shuffle. After the huge influx of 0-9mos. onesies, it's hard to believe that Miss E will still need to shop. Luckily, I have all these gift cards. I can't wait until December 13th...Most of them will expire come Dec. 31st!
anyone know how babies can get socks off so easily? I have a little Miss One-sock. Look away anywhere from .1 sec to 1 minute, and a sock has disappeared. This video is to highlight a) she still hasn't figured out crawling and b) her tactile pleasures are simple.
Yay! For the shout-out! I'm so happy to have "found" you, too. Although ... I always had this notion that you were residing in a certain midwest city. This just means I have to make a trip out and meet Ms. E. Perhaps I can help find the sock monster ...
ReplyDelete