Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

now what?

Well wow. 2008 was a lot of things, both good and bad. We ended it by feeling pretty lucky in the whole deal. We're not affected much by the economic crisis, since I'm in school and Darrell works in the restaurant industry, we rent, and we have zero investments. So I guess when you're living low on the scale anyway, you notice, but not as much.
Back to baby news...
Emelia has gotten better at crawling, now that she is trying to walk more. Go figure. She's also still in the throes of teething, which comes and goes daily in its intensity. Nary a white nubbin has yet to protrude, but she's drooling in full force and whiny anticipation. She's also babbling more, playing by herself quite a bit, and trying to get into things. Basically, kinda fun stuff when it's not annoying!

We're still doing cloth diapers, for better or worse, and she's still not a fan of non-boob nourishment. Got her second vaccination shot on Monday, this one was polio, and still barely noticed the 2" needle. Impressed the doc with her "alertness" and remains basically a healthy kid. So far, so good, cross fingers.
Last Sunday, we went to visit Ann and Zoe, Zach was there but in typical pre-teen style was less interested (E loved him, of course).
Pegasus was very good with the excited burblings and pokings of the inquisitive mini-person, and kept vigilance. A really nice afternoon, relaxing and fun.
Last night, for the New Year, D had it off from work for the first time in several years. So I asked him to cook for our friends. I am evil.
Eva and Rob joined us, we ate and stuff, and that too was nice. Hope they had as much fun as we did in having them over. They came bearing gifts, 2 cute outfits for E to grow into!
us at midnight
Today, D is back to the grind, but only for a day. He'll be taking a much-needed week off, and we will sandwich in a quick trip to Michigan to get away and see the Grands for the holidays.
We return, and school will start all over again. bah humbug. At least *I* got new socks!
(handmade for me by Cookie!!xo) and E can finally wear the sweater knit for her by Erika (thanks again!)

bathing time is more fun now

added later because, well, I can. A treat for the rest of you after finally washing my kitchen floor. My joys are simple. and no, not a single relation to anything. I just want to share her laughing. Teething mode in full force atm...

No comments:

Post a Comment