Saturday, January 23, 2010

as usual, I should be doing something else

1-8 Baby, it's COLD outside. Let's go! (taken by Julia)

Hi loyal ME fans! You're in luck--I have work to do, Emelia's finally taking a nap (super late in the day, I'm sure I'll suffer later), and ... here I am to post! Oh yeah, and I have knitting tasks self-administered, piling up too.
Let me load up a zillion pictures to share. 1-7 jail-face
Benchmarks of the month include:
-Gettin air! Yup, E can now take small leaps in several bounds. We have had a lot of fun with this, lots of clapping and to-do.
1-20 reading library books!
-Making two-word sentences! Mostly, adding things to "more". And "please". This construes a sentence in baby-world, so we think it's cool sauce. today's cute
She has added to her NO WAY and THANK YOU with "more milk" (which sounds like a German word the way she does it milch!) "all done" and well, I'll have to share em when I hear em, but it is more than this I swear. I think combos with "down" are in there.
1-20 out with Daddy! Love the many hats she has! another handmedown of cute
-new words that kill me: Hair (haw-wer), foot, hand, "eat! eat!", "soup" (foll0wed by slurping noises every. time.), bath, wawa wawa, phoooooooooooooooooone, watch (wahtz)
-she is recognizing letters and numbers more
-she finally says BYE when someone is in earshot. Very cool and social of her.
-ME smiles for the camera. Then she grabs for it. ah well.
-she can help to zip up and down her sweaters and jackets, help put on her shoes, and help take off her clothes
-first trip to a museum--with A. Caroline, Drew, and Emily. Not me or D. Bummer, but apparently the museum still stands, and everyone had a great hour! 1-13 MOOOOO
I heard she tried to clean up the place. I try to get her to help clean up her messes at home, but my goal is not OCD! yipes
-use of fine motor stuff is getting better-hand position on markers and utensils is getting awesomer (a word. shush), with more refined use of them.
-teeth! there are 3 more, canines, that have arrived this month. With much whining and random no-sleep nights.
1-9 drawing in the cat room. Super exciting change of venue
When she wants to, of course, Miss E is a tad willful. ahem.
1-7 uber writing skillz
-It has been established that ME will NOT tolerate toe nailpolish! Caroline got to 6 toes, then suddenly E noticed and melted a bit. Covering with socks worked for a day, then 2 nights ago OMG OMG she could NOT move until I got it "ohff!"
1-18-she LOVES her stuffed animals. Each one gets randomly dragged around, put in the toilet, kissed, mauled (and cleaned then set to dry on the radiator). And yes, her halloween.part2 costume is still comfy and warm! don't judge.
1-6 Hair! it's crazy, and I cut it again this past week.

As predicted, I hate being away until 6pm most nights. ME is in good hands with Daddy (duh), and two sitter-aunts. Still, it sucks big time. I try not to talk about her at fieldwork, as it's super unprofessional, and as much as I really like the folks there, I have to recognize we are not friends. Maybe someday, but I'm a student, yo, and in a position to behave myself more than I usually do.
1-2 I think. Mostly, she ignores the mallet and pushes them through.

I have developed even more of a respect for those that deal full time with the Autism and special needs community. I don't know that I'll be a member of that group, and they are a strong group indeed. I just don't know what my future holds yet. Plus, I'm still keeping to a goal of working part-time (as long as we can afford it).

1-13 the Fisher Price saga begins with a farm...courtesy of Nana Caroline
So things are overall good. It's cold and icky, but we still try to get outside. A warning to you in warmer climates: I may show up one day!!

xo
P.S. 5pm and still napping. Yipes. Time to walk around the hood until dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment