Sunday, September 4, 2011

Indeed, they say the wackiest things...

5-8
Par usual, it has been a while since the last Emelia update. And omygoodness, a lot has gone on. For one thing, there is a baby sister in the works, with planned entrance into our sleep patterns after Thanksgiving. (Suggestions for a new blog name may be needed)
5-15 wearing the amazing necklace I won from a raffle.
It's made by a friend of mine and wow. The ONLY time E gets to wear it!
Miss E has been pretty good about the news, earning herself a dessert once by popping out the answer to "who's your favorite person?" with "my baby sister!!" (this was unprompted with a much different expected answer). She's also randomly run up and done either a smack-smack on my belly *or* given a big kiss at button level. Seems about right.

They'll share a room. This should prove interesting on the sibling-love issue!

5-11
Just getting the hang of it
6-5 swimming
8-4 note the ears and hair
Back to E news. She's been writing more, making more pictures than just scribbles, with a 50/50 rate of crap to something approaching cute (her smiley faces have VERY prominent uni-brows). We mostly lug around this dry-erase board for her drawing pleasure when we have places to be, so although this cuts down on keepsakes, it also cuts down on forestry rebuilding, given her propensity for scribbling/drawing. She traces pretty well, considering, and apparently is good with scissors at school. (and while sitting on Gram's lap last week doing artwork)
5-28 Kudra keeps claiming to dislike her. bah

5-19
As far as random quotes, tonight (9/4) she can be quoted as saying "If I turn into the kitty, I would use the box" then following immediately with "If I turn into a pumpkin, you will put me into the pie, right?"
5-30 flooded playground
6-1

During the past months, E has gotten sooooo good with water and other sensory issues. She will now let her Daddy squirt her with the hose, will run barefoot outside, will go in the lake, play in the water, take showers, and has even been enjoying swim lessons! Sadly, the lessons are on hold yet still another week as it had filled up and they are remodeling. Small class of only up to 5 kids and parents, so there is a lot of individual focus (Chicago Blue Dolphins). Very cool set up.

Miss E had her first several days away from us in June. We went camping, and abandoned her to the wilds of the Granparents' house in Michigan. She had a blast (as did we, once we got over angst ourselves). She got to meet a few of her distant cousins, play at a mall and the zoo, play outside, and play with Corky too. That, and I'm sure there was some spoiling but I'm not asking!
5-6 dancing too fast to catch
sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff
Her singing and dancing routines are hilarious, constant and spontaneous. Always humming away, like her great-gram Mary Lou Love :) She can also surf You.Tube and watch cartoons, as long as we monitor for ads and stuff. Watching movies is a fave, of course, and went from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to Lilo n Stitch, to now the most recent adoration is Nightmare Before Christmas ("I want Jack!")--with some breaks for Lord of the Rings oddly enough (puppy movie = Best in Show). At least she'll vary it more now!

ah yes, May flowers!

5-23

5-30


Miss E gets around town on her tricycle, pink and shiny it is the admiration of all who see it. She can really book it, and has taken a bailout or four (one big swipe yesterday I guess when I was at work and she tried for a 'no-hands' approach). She can climb up backwards on the slide, and is much better, if still often reticent, at making friends on the playground.
6-26 playing with Jilly
6-3
Treat-wise, ME likes Otter Pops, and their more-available Fruit frozen things that I find at WholePaycheck. I hear of Otter Pops once, see em at Tar.get, and then can't find em here again!! frustrating. Anyway, she doesn't get dessert too often as she still is pretty lame about eating a decent dinner. We rate on behavior and quality of meal more than quantity or else we'd always be sad! Strawberries and the white ice cream with choklat are wins as well.
6-4 going to swim lessons!
I can't believe how much this kid runs. "I have to run now, Mommy," she'll announce, then off she goes for like an hour. Her legs are whipcords, and wow I hope she keeps it up really. Jumping, climbing, yeah she does that, but the full-out pelting is craziness and impressive. I like to sit down and get fat on Cheetos just watching her.
Last week we went for a visit post-knee surgery to my folks again. Miss E got to have lots of story and cuddle time, as well as soccer-type play with PopPop. We all blew about a zillion bubbles, watched movies, and generally poked around. We missed out on the tree frogs, but did get to see some of Mr. Noble's pigs at his friend's little farm.
Potty training is both going awesome, from 0 to 60 just over the past few months, but also frustrating. Which, I hear, is the way it goes. We're expecting a lot from this munchkin before her sister shows up. I think she's feeling some of the pressure between that and potty training. We see so few day time accidents (she can even get up on there and wipe then wash up after, when it pleases) but at night it is torture. She can go dry for a week, but then backs up to then needing us now to get her up during the night. Still, I think we're all making progress :)
I am sure I'll think of about a kazillion more awesome things she's been up to since May, but I'll stop now and just see what else she does. Let's hope it starts with better sleep!!
XO now go enjoy the many pix
5-6


ribs! June BBQ
7-5 don't you drink it this way?
returning the favor
(nope, she doesn't do this often)
also termed "the pathetic pool"
but it works

"Daddy you can't get me!"


7-10 Having a super hot summer got us
to this point of fun!
7-17
she swam like 5 seconds on her own!
7-19 shower head is a new thing
7-30 soooooo hot
8-10 Her own E

8-1 first ice cream cone (as far as I know)
Pop Pop pre-visit in June
good teeth again! (hygienist Kathy is very patient)

woops, needs turning--E's cousins!

sleeping in her wee bed at Grandparents' house in June
 
loves her some Colleen 7-17

num!
she put these up with little help from me


how can this face ever be sad?

her first diploma-on her head. sigh.
for her first year at daycare/preschool
cuddling with Gram

not as thrilled as I was :)



pheasants
 

omg she loved Mr Noble and the piiiiiiiiiiiiiigs! 8-28
crafting with Gram 8-29
  and movies to follow. I'm tired!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, if baby sister would like a little package, Mom will have to send me the new addy. ;)
    DrL

    ReplyDelete