Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ending Era #1: One to Rule Them All

It has happened (well, over a month ago): We had Spawn #2, otherwise known as Alexia Annette. After a full day of work, complete with contractions while doing a final evaluation and paperwork, I came home to finish the job of labor (sounds redundant?). Aunt Kristy and Uncle Bill rescued Miss E to their home replete with movies and cake (bet there was cake; unconfirmed at this time). An hour at the hospital complete with midwife, Gaye and a few trusty RNs to aid Darrell and wham! (seriously it felt like a wham) there she was, the Little Baby Sister.


Basically, ME is thrilled. With her, that is. With us, well well well, don't we suck extra hard these days? OF COURSE we do. Wills are contested, tempers raised and lowered, and kisses she does rain upon Baby Sister (BS doesn't look good here). This Spawn #2 is of a different sort; AE is easily made content, nurses like a fiend, doesn't crave the fa-fa, AND the cats like her--so far.
 To back up a bit in the timeline prior to this post- Emelia has been doing great at school, making and favoring friends, mastering her writing (she LOVES to do her letter and is going to wear off the finish on her dry erase alphabet/number boards).

sure she *tried* it

likes what I knit for her. a LOT

10-16 feeding goats at teh apple orchard
 She dances, sings a LOT, and is getting good at Angry Birds (just in time for hanging out in the hospital). At school they just often lament, as do we, her disdain for listening. I fear so often her running away since she now hides and turns off her ears. E is getting scary. Her independence is growing like she is getting higher, so does her will power. I guess this is good. I keep saying it's good. Smart little bugger with the balance of ... well, not me. Maybe her dancin' gram and nimble-footed dad.
sick day








pig trifecta

omg omg omg

she put em up!

Nana CC came to visit since with 2 we didn't know when we'd get out to see her again. This gave E some quality time with her and singing, reading, and painting with her.
nails 9-7. Only *some* of it went on the carpet

Work friends gifted us with many cute baby things in a shared shower for 2 of us expecting in our little department. It was so sweet! There were cute outfits as well as enabling us to cover our first months of cloth diaper service.


liked the little jellyfish

got sooooo high!
 ME is observed to be not only compassionate by her teachers, but also a great sense of humor. Sometimes this humor is disruptive, but most of the time it is just a great source of joy.
bird man, 1st attempt
 During meals it can be distracting/irritating/evening-ruining, but really the girl is funny! ME was so cute to me while I was pregnant, kissing Baby Sister (my belly) and talking to her, talking about her anticipation of her and singing to her, and just being a little love bug.
10-15 her first see saw

around 10-23

rar

yes, we say to NOT bet on this way. sigh

trouble
10-29 at a parade with D

snoopy at a whole new level


10-30

halloween morn

the queen
(now inserting pics from November)
 


 
gloves made by my friend, Judy
 

11-24 our mini-turkey day

until she saw her feet, I don't think she believed it






  

gram teaching her how to play
Moving into the days where we are now a family of 4, it has been both a long & short 6 weeks. Man, 6 weeks already! AE was born just an inch longer and 1 oz heavier then ME, but has altered our universe in, wait for it, EATING. And when she screams? she is able to be soothed back from the edge. I know! crazy. The pediatrician, Dr Fred, pronounced her head as round as a c-section baby from her quick delivery, and proclaimed her awesomeness in the hospital hallway. After the 1 week visit where she gained 2 oz (not lost) he also said he didn't need to see her for 6 weeks. Sheesh, we like lived in his office for Round 1.
The kid gained 45 ounces. She's good, healthy, and just a bit o reflux that makes her sound like an old codger.

Miss Emelia is gracefully sharing her Grmma and Pop-Pop with her Baby Sister. Xmas was cute, and ME got 2 of them since weather permitted my folks to drive back for the real day. Lovely gifts were received with joy from them, as well as from Santa (in many forms), my Aunt Lor & Uncle Joe, Colleen, Eva & Rob, my friend Judy in GA, Aunt Dana & Uncle Jason (with love from Syd & Bella!), and I'm sure I forgot someone cuz I suck. Let's just add here that I am feeling uber guilty for whiling away my maternity leave NOT sending out thank you notes nor holiday cards. Do you smell that? that's the reek of how much I suck. Sorry, everyone! We're very thankful I swear. (this is true: not only am I allowed/encouraged to drink while nursing, I also swear. a LOT. Not around the kids ever ever not much...)

Getting ready to put ME into dance class. Wish her well, as it requires her to pay attention. E is so very excited! We want to get her back into a pool at some point, but my motivation has to renew itself. There *is* a baby here, guys. The water can wait. Given that I also will be needing to get into the pool, some logistics have to be leveled out.
For random: tonight E was looking at photos with D, and noted that "mommy looks like a princess" in referring to a picture of me in a wedding dress. Emelia's favorite movie these days is Star Wars (the Darth Vader one, mommy, not the snow one). ME, when not running around with her coat on her head and announcing she's "Superman", is doing Darth Vader voice. She likes to stick out her tongue and go blaaaaaaaaaaah a lot, is working to perfect her belches, just figured out how to snap her jeans by herself, and can pick out words in books (she memorizes entire books of hers very quickly). Meanwhile, AE kinda did her first coo on the 7th. It's a step!
Ok, time to do some nursing and perhaps sleeping. Tomorrow is another day of snow after several weeks of decent weather, and I'm SURE  that I am to go out into it. Brrr!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness the universe gave you an eater this time! Love the photo of the footprints on D's arm and all the rest. Love your newly minted family of 4, too!

    I'll be over here, trying to figure out how Miss E has gotten SO BIG when she was just born like 10 minutes minutes ago. Y'all make me feel old.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, isn't it amazing how fast life moves???

    ReplyDelete