Anyway.
This was a good weekend, I think. My brain eventually needs to start keeping memories or else school is going to be a tragedy in the fall. Mmm let's not ponder that any more than I already am; it's not pretty.
Emelia has been sleeping the majority of my preferred waking hours since last Thursday. Of course, night time is the favorite time to be awake! duh, it's in the baby handbook. During the day, she's been mostly just laid out, all jazz-hands (the automatic response of arms flailing).
This both disturbs me and doesn't, as she is awake enough to eat on and off during the day. Less nipple shield, more straight boob, even less bottle--maybe 1 a day, at night when the hunger pangs really hit and she wakes up til 3 or 4am. Poos like a champ, so I know she's getting sustenance, but it just doesn't feel like it. Therefore, I'm going to give it my best effort to write down the feedings this week. Not the diapers, unless they get negative somehow. The less I write, the more likely it is to be done.

On Saturday, we 3 went to a sling class at Be By Baby to learn how to use the slings that have been gifted to us (thanks Auntie Bleen!). It was a hard morning, as I tried
for 2 hours previous to wake her up to eat and had to pump, feeding her the 2oz in the car on the way. Fun. The class ended up being worthy of the effort and also was taped by NPR producer Ashley Gross. Cool, I may be on the radio babbling away about baby wearing! Ha. Emelia was the real star of the class, sleeping while we tried her in and out of a few sling contaptions (really liked this one at $85, but going to try to just use our Maya wrap from Bleen. So far, this is working for us). When E awoke, she ate like "oh I always nurse without a problem", then won over the class with her coos and smiles. The queen.Yesterday, went to the ole Target with my bud Cindy, who I think likes Emelia much more than just hanging with me! That was funner than the usual errand, and I of course forgot a few things. le sigh. Then last night, went out to dinner (D could go !yay!) with K&B to a local pub. Nope, not Perth, but a newer joint with bigger bathrooms and louder (ugh) music. Good food. Good company...and haha--good stories. Then of course, after sleeping through the craptastic reggae at the pub, Emelia woke up annoyed but still cute at home. Went through the customary boob/nip shield/fine-a-bottle, then E exploded about 5 gallons of half digested milk. ick. So she got a little bath from her daddy, ate a bit more, then required about an hour of D and I handing her back an forth, til finally we were able to sleep about 3ish. Eh, that was her waking time I guess, after sleeping all day. D and I also knew what we were in for (learning curve) and watched a disturbing but actually good movie.
This is fun. ALL the details no one wanted. Today has been more fun and cuteness included, so hopefully I can mark off today as "good". Well, other than calling the diaper service to complain about this week's delivery of 77 completely unusable diapers--what the fuck? I think there was an honest screw-up, so I'm just planning on getting an extra week tacked on. Back to le Targette to buy up some more Nature Baby Care! love these, by the bye. Tell your friends, or else xxoo
p.s. All that being typed/said, E is still going to town on the ole nipshield. After she spits up some of it, maybe mama can go to the store and buy beer!! Mommy drinks because you cry, honey...
p.p.s.
<--flowers, in varying states after 2 weeks.
3 more weeks and I get to squeeze her, wheeee!!! Oh, and you and D of course. Enjoy the Maya, Drew spent the first 4-5 months of his life in there, love that thing.
ReplyDelete