Thursday, July 31, 2008

a quickie

huh. Must be something I ate.


Just passing time while the mother-in-law naps (with her shoes on, propped up on my couch--no real harm but eh?), the baby naps on my lap (finally, with nip in mouth), and hubs runs to the store (to make us dinner on his day off). It's raining, sticky, and I could use a nap as well. However, it's a strong *finally* that E is sleeping. Just not wanting to do it, but remaining cranky sauce. ugh.
<-- from earlier this week

The difference between having my own Ma here and the MIL is strange. I guess you could sum it up by with one, the time passes so quickly, but with the other it is draaaaaaaaaaaaagging by. I rarely have a beer before 2pm now, but there it went. Trying to avoid conversation that bugs me, or her, or D can make for a difficult afternoon. Nothing really wrong and it's nice to finally have "Nana" meet her granddaughter. It's the stories that get me. Long, detailed stories about people and places that she hasn't been. The desperation (not the word? craving?) to be liked by her own children is hard to swallow after a while. When she just relaxes and shares personal thoughts, it's nice enough and I can enjoy her company.

...but it's only 4pm? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment