These past weeks, Darrell and I have spent more time working with Emelia in her grabbing, sitting, and crawling. She's been coming along, grabbing at her toys, especially her giraffe and her Paddington rattle. As for sitting, well let's just say she'd rather stand, thanks. Her desire to keep kicking out her legs is interfering with the sitting, but I just remembered my friend Libby's advice to use the boppy cushion for back support. That was fun, watching her eat her doggy book and rolling back and forth. There is definitely more of this to occur today!
Crawling is not going as quickly. D and I find it hilarious that she just rocks around on her belly and her widdle feetses just boing in the air. She's been grabbing at those too, btw. This is really to be expected, as Dr. Sears books say that sitting first, crawling second after the strength in the back develops.
The cats keep checking to see if she can catch them yet. Note her hair on one side is not growing as quickly. Meanwhile, mine is falling out worse than the cats.

What I can't picture here is her new love for her vocal cords. OMG my ears. Every once in a while, maybe after a giggle fest or looking in a mirror, E suddenly shrieks. Then, amazed that she can make the sound, she'll shriek a few more times and laugh. In a "dare" from the pediatrician, I've also been trying to feed M.E. more. The dare of sorts was that he wanted to see what she could gain before the bottle (of my milk of course) is introduced for the majority of her day. I think we've succeeded, and we're eager to see how she's progressed when we go in for our 4 month check up next Tuesday. You see, at our last visit she had only gained 8 oz over 4 weeks! I found the pacifier to soothe her when feeding is a squirt-fest, but was apparently not trying hard enough for ninja boob (sneaking a swap from silicone to flesh).
hee! we love this woman's posts, and hope Emelia is strongly different like her kid: "I am going to get my ass kicked one of these days, because I just can't seem to stop my mouth. I was walking by a woman whose toddler was stooping to pick up a rock, and the woman said, "No no, we don't touch rocks" and I was like, "Right, we THROW rocks!" She gave me a dirty look and whoops, guess I said that out loud." - mimi smartypants
ONE more week. M.E. looks bigger to me in these new pics. Poor Kudra, her time is coming. Miss E is surley going to go for her as soon as she can get going
ReplyDeleteluv m
Cuteness!! I'm oh-so-glad that you ended up at the AP gathering. Aren't AP moms NICE? I love my AP friends and would have been lost without them. I wouldn't hesitate to ask if some of those AP moms would be up for weekend park playdates, you never know!
ReplyDelete