Well, it's been awhile. Almost an entire week! Been quite busy, trying to manipulate our lives here to prepare for our next step. Can't believe that Emelia is already 16 weeks AND that I have the nerve to leave her next week when classes begin swinging.
In doing the reading that is already dumped on us (I think of it as training for the Olympics! ha. My eyes are in training anyway) I have already learned some neat-o things. OT is a cool ass field, I must say, and I am excited to be a part of it. I just hope I'm worthy. Takes a lot of creativity and dedication, and let's see what I can do, eh? In the meantime, I gotta get better at note-taking. In that respect, D and I went ahead and purchased a little somethin-somethin that I like to call a tool to enable me to take notes. Tis a Compaq Presario Cseries laptop, and it is a lot lighter than the one I had purloined from Daddio that I used during pre-reqs. It's also shiny and has Vista (cringe). So far, so good.
But who cares about that? Let's talk baby shit! Literally. E has decided that, even though we have upped the frequency of feedings (I do a lot of bait-n-switch with the pacifier) she has downed the number of poos. She is a crazy lady, I tell ya. I guess I'll stop the details at "oh my, that's some shit thar!" and I'm feeling less interested in making pumpkin pie anytime soon...
ew
I finally went to the Attachment Parenting group over at ye olde Be By Baby (of which I have become a fan). I highly recommend these groups to other moms and did so again today. I was so busy feeling overwhelmed, that I did only minor pokings into Mom gatherings. Hung out with a few, chatted with a few friends/family, and even harassed random other mothers in stores and sidewalks. I've even connected with a few other new moms out there, and hopefully have some new friendships because of this new life of ours.
But this group was nice! Babies climbing around, being worn, nursing, all ages. I asked and discussed others' questions and basically enjoyed my mommy self. The bummer of this? All the "see you next month!" statements had to be answered with "nope, can't." I guess I would've only made one other one, back in July, but now my recourse is to strive to fit in a LLL meeting here and there.
I think I can and shall. Updates to show up in my future! But it is a goal.
Alright, Miss E (or "ME" as my Dad likes to call her!) is getting restless and ready for her bedtime. Duty squeaks.
adventures abound for the Schrubba-Erickson family!
ReplyDeleteKel you are going to be a natural for OT. Besides you can treat all the old people ailments that Dad & I will get.
luv to my three,m