so as a reflection on my moment 5 months ago, Thanks Debi (and Gaye)!
ok, for the Grandparents in the house...this is from two whole days ago
Today was a good one, mostly, until about noon when my separation from baby hormones hit. It hits me at different times, and not every day.
This past weekend was good as I followed some suggestions from my developmental therapist friend in class, Laura. She has recommended that I try to change the way we react when Emelia screams and fusses. So I did. For three days, I cooed, giggled, snuggled, laughed, and bounced her around when she would scream. Surprisingly, this worked. For the weekend anyway!! I'm hoping it continues to work, as it's a lot more fun for both of us than getting upset.
D and I have talked about it, and we'll see how the approach begins to make some changes in his days with her. Wish us the best. Next up, I think I'll follow Laura's other idea and get this book.
School is beginning to have a pattern. Don't get me wrong, I am full of freak out and stress, but it's turned into a dull roar. Like standing next to a waterfall and after a while, you still can't hear well but the roar is not really in your consciousness. That. I'm screaming, but on the inside. Like I tell Emelia, when she's enjoying filling our ears with piercing noises that are supposed to be emitting joy, use your inside voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment