Monday, December 15, 2008

she's a wacky one


We had a nice visit yesterday with our friends, Ezra and his posse (Ashely and Gabe). Darrell rustled up some waffles and strawberry sauce, coffee, and I um played with the kid. It's always good times when sharing the "joys" of parenthood with others in the trenches. Cool to compare notes on what sleeping...isn't.

This was also to be a knitting party. I think Ashley and I did a mighty attempt on at LEAST 3 or 4 rows each! huzzah! This inspired me later to do some more while Emelia crashed out. Perhaps I'll finish a scarf that I started a year ago...by the end of next year. Progress is slow, my friends. But forward, ho.

In that, well, no ho-ho-hoing going on really. Darrell and I have yet to set up the tree nor to buy anything for anyone. We don't swap between us, but I think we have to get Emelia into the spirit of terrorizing small packages. So we'll wrap something for her, where she'll likely try to eat the package and hork it up. Lovely. Tis the story of xmas. Taking a trip either tomorrow or the next day to Babies Sure R Expensive to spend a bit and use the remaining balances from the generosity that precluded birth. JOYEAUX.

Registered for classes, working on the random bits of paper assignments, and basically detoxing from school for the moment. I really need to get on renewing my massage license, but that is something necessary for doing ASAP, so I have little interest. bah. Deadlines. I'd rather look for books to get Miss E (not today--it's a whopping 10 degrees out. Ew.)

Tried to play in the crib a bit last night. This is the first step, we've decided: desensitization. With the new monitor provided by Grandparents, it's all on us/me to get her to sleep 4 feet away in the crib. Independence shall be ours! Well, after we lower it and get the hang of it...food is also a project for my break, remember? Good times.

ah, I hear the siren call of poop-happening. Whee!

Here's a selection from the crib-time last night. For ME's fans in the house.

ok one more...

this is the excitement I like. Not the falling kind, this kind is much betterer.

pbbbbbbbbbbttttt

2 comments:

  1. Ms E sounds like a motorboat coming in for a landing.
    She thinks she's pretty cute too.
    Can't be a prettier baby!!! Yea, it's been said that grandparent's are pretty biased :)

    luv, m xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting? You actually got to knit? Yay!
    Also, it that an elaborate mosquito net/anti-escape device on Miss Em's crib?

    ReplyDelete