today, my quest to get a photo of that bottom calcification...
Ok, maybe I'm the only one who can see em--Darrell can feel them too. But FINALLY, the teeth have arrived. I thought we'd get a break in moodiness once there was a break through the skin, but nopers. She's a gigglefest often enough, getting better at pinching and sometimes standing with the barest support. However, whininess is a persistent theme to our days.
safety? sure, I can gnaw my way into the garbage
Given her increased use of spoon-to-mouth, I think E may begin to progress in the solids department too! Yesterday, she enjoyed some zilch with me, along with chicken and some dates (I like em for snacking), and bits of my mashed taters. Soon, we're going to have to get her to eat a whole meal, but I'll deal with the bits and pieces (literally) and a general interest in playing with food whilst in her high chair. I tend to sneak jarred food (yesterday was sweet taters and peach/oatmeal courtesy of Earth's Best again) onto the spoons so while she chews on them, I alternately plop on some food. So impressed with E's hand-eye coordination!! She picks up those spoons and they go (mostly) right into her maw.
Not holding my breath til spring, but really looking forward to a trip onward to sunny Cally the end of March for family and friends (fine line there) and sunshine! E really perks up anytime we go outside--even if it's just standing on the back porch looking at the trees and the sky.
On Wednesday, we snuck in a social visit as well to our friends Ashley, Gabe, and Ezra's place for a fabulous meal with wonderful people.
Of course, the main goal was to keep E from poking out Ez's amazing eyeballs...but I think overall they seemed to get into interacting! Looking forward to another visit with them as well.
NOT looking forward to my exams next Tuesday. Ugh. So I better get on that...hugs all!
me trying to get a pic of teeth this morning
more of the swing experience on Tuesday. Us fussing with her as she's trying to eat the bucket seat. Num-num. I dig on her feet scissoring. Robster craws!
mmm just cute...
The swinging is AWESOME! Where was that? Mr. Ez wants to get in on the action! And BTW, we love Emelia's squeals - we'll be front and center for her debut at the Met!
ReplyDelete