Friday, June 5, 2009

sickness blows

be illin' yo- 5-29
Skateboard intro! 5-28
Yeah, it's been a nasty, phlegm-y week here. Yummy words, eh?
Poor D has been working his tail off, got a good bout of the Swine Cold (as our ped calls it) and then lucky E and I decided to cash in on the fun. ah yes, cats
Let's just say 102.7 underarm is NOT a good temp. Luckily, that was 8 days ago, and after days of whiny, warmth, and whimpering the air is clearing. I'm still coughing like death, but I feel better and E is running around. D is back on his bike, and well he never really got to fully wallow in it either. Me at school, him at work...I think he got the brunt of it.
Here are a few pics from the week.
E has figured out more functions on my phone than me! even called Cindy the other night. this was 6-3

What else is new? mmm I think she said "toe" tonight as she was chewing on it for Gramma, is walking even straighter, and got cuter. How??? who knows.
She also has a definite love of strawberries, eating about 1-3 a day! That, cottage cheese, goldfish (dwindling love there), and tofu seems to be it. Oh yeah, and just last week, E started to like peas, which seem safe enough since she swallows everything else.
She's using her teeth more, taking wee nibbles when she does eat. Prefers 2% it seems to whole milk (less fat omg!! sigh). For fun, there is cat-chasing, more book reading, and closing doors. D also discovered she follows entire sentences when the mood strikes--like "Emelia, bring me the milk" or tonight, at bedtime (I'm in edit mode right now) she brought me her toothbrush when I asked! woot! V. cool.
6-5 toe jam for dessert

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the swine cold! We've been fighting off yuckiness over here, too. Luckily no fever - that sounds scary.

    But congrats on the food advances, talking, and comprehension! So amazing! Hope we'll see you guys before too long... if not in the next week & a half, then after we return from Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's eating! Yay!

    I hope you're all feeling better and that D gets a chance to wallow once he's feeling better. That way he can really enjoy it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete