Yup, still here. The trip out south and west was wonderful, albeit short. Saw
her awesome folkses/my cousin-sister Jenni & Hubs-Waide.
Don't forget Porter! (who made E giggle when he licked HER paws) And that was just one household! Uncle Joe was kind enough to find Gram and I with E at the airport. oof. That plane ride went well, btw as ME didn't sleep the night before...neither did I. Then we hunkered down and hung out, and ate, and
did the aquarium
None of the above is in order btw.
Then on Saturday the 15th, everyone came over to the Stockhill home and we swam!!
YAY ME loved it!! Miss Ryan was kind enough to practice her mad big-girl swim skills so ME could wear her wings.
Uncle Jamie was a riot (and there are Aunt Michelle's feet!!)
Saw Jenny & Steph (eager to see them again this weekend). Played with wee cousins Rachel and Brady, and big cousins Michelle, Jamie, Paul, and Jeanne.
Basically, it was great.
Then off we went to invade the Thedakers' again (thanks, ya'll!!)
Playing with Drew & Josh was a bonus to seeing Nana for two days. 
The flight home was not as great. E had had enough of this thing you may call "fun", and had a few crying episodes. Either that, or she just didn't want to go to Chicago! But Daddy was there waiting for us, and ME couldn't be happier to see him! (nor I)
another week passed, and now school began anew last week for me. This is the last time I am in classes full time. EVER!!!11 It's a full schedule, and I still have a year left of learning, but oof it will be worth it.
ME has hit some new milestones in the past few weeks:
word= jooo (juice), Peekaboo (didn't hear that, but Julia/sitter said it's true), Papa for Grampa, and she's mouthing sounds allll the time now such that I've lost track. I'm working on "boom".
ME finally got the whole ball-thing, throwing and rolling is now old hat (at like maybe 10 days now?) And loves to bounce with us on the body ball--she runs from it and pushes it too hee!
Better at drinking from a glass on her own. Getting better at toof-ish brushing. Tries to brush her hair. 
She also started climbing the stairs--feet only! She grabbed onto my shirt last week Thursday, and up up one foot at a time (holding on of course). We're just now working on the down and holding onto the wall as well.
Now my least favorite--E figured out how to climb up onto the couch 2 days ago. Not a fan, but as a future OT I'm all helpful and encouraging her to meet her goals (ack). So we're working on how to be safe on the couch. Trying. sighs. 
The crib thing is still a work in progress. I promise (Hi Ma!!) that she won't be cosleeping at 18 (mmm what lovely lady taught me this perspective? :) thanks, Bleen my dear)
ok, back to studying!
xo
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
ReplyDelete