I was recently asked how much I drink. Since it was a medical document of sorts, I was discouraged to answer "not enough".
A glass of wine to go with the daily whine around here. My o my ME can be ultra gag-o-matic cute, but she is also far ahead (in my mind) on the scales of terrible too-much-ness! ...not that this means she's any bigger!!
Lots of drama, full-on tears, and sobs until she gets her little way. Which usually means to pick her up so she can destroy/attack/chew on something that is out of her grabby reach from the floor perch. Or hey, maybe she just wants to jump on your leg. Why not?
"no way" and the occasional "yes way" (with prompting, anything can happen) are common speak in the house. "meow" is also a good marker for naming anything that's fuzzy--although she also used it for the lobster magnet tonight. So perhaps it's her non-human living word? D has a report that on a walk yesterday, she seemingly randomly said "MEOW!!" until he noticed someone was walking a tiny pomeranian.
heh. Likely, it had papers...
The couch has been destroyed, for the time being. All the cushions are on the floor, in the hopes of minimizing ER visits in our future. E has gotten really super duper good in climbing up and down, and even climbs the entire 3 flights of stairs now (with hand holding). She climbed the ladder I keep in the closet tonight. It was a close call on her climbing the cat/baby gates a few days ago. I shudder.
breakin up a cat fight. E just has to go breathe on em
Lots of cool kids are sick right now. Not cool. Doing my best to keep the germs off. Lots of handwashing, so my hands are getting raw. First line of defense!! I'm anti-flu shot still (we'll see, I may change my mind) so just gonna deal with the exposure I think we all got to the swinage in May.
In more adult news, D and I are expecting some changes. I'm 1/3 through my last academic-portion of the ole M-of OT. We'll see what else the future holds in the daily schedule part as well.
Just had my first two exams of the term, and wrapping up the first project. Oof. I'm sure I'll miss all of it--the collaboration, the relatively soft time-schedule, the exams...nononono, won't miss those I AM sure.
Cast on for an afghan. I plan to keep it do-able, just hacking at a square at a time. Since I'm trying to get my weak self in shape by biking, it cuts into my knitting/reading on the CTA, so we'll see how far my aspirations get by xmas.
ok, I should be either studying or sleeping. Or both. Osmosis got me an undergrad degree, after all.
stay warm! xo
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...
ReplyDeleteI miss you!
xo