11-23 out with DadIt has been quite a month. Woops, yes, a month since my last post. Been a tad bit busy what with me finishing my classes!! woo hoo! And Darrell starting a new job, and Emelia growing and teething some more.
If only we can get her to stop screeching, the world will be complete...again.
I don't know what it is, but every few months she seems to get into a not-so-amusing bout of screeching for everything. I believe it's the wonderful way it echoes in our wood-floored apartment.
Introducing new words back to us, like "Thank you", banana ("bnamamanana"), and "Pweez" and (my fave) coffee ("kuf eee"). No, she doesn't drink it, but she does like to say it!
11-21 She'll identify lots of things in her books, randomly like orange but consistently "apfel" and about all animal sounds. Her favorite to say is "mor", complete with the hand sign of tapping finger tips together. Very cute.
I am trying soooo hard to get her to say "help" instead of crying and sobbing whenever anything doesn't go her way. Wish us luck.
Napping has come and gone, then come again, and she's been working on 3 out of 4 canines (finally the upper left one broke through just yesterday). I think this has affected us all...
11-20, showing off her yoga (self taught)
Took a pause on working to get her to fall asleep in the crib until I could focus more time on it (read: afford to lose sleep). Again, good thoughts are welcome.
Darrell pwned us all with another feast! Emelia even ate some of it.
Their visit was too short, as always, and we look forward to more! When E heard Grandpa on the phone the other day, she got all bouncy and said "Pop op papapop!" repeatedly.
11-27 I am working on fixing the webcam situation as well, as that has been feisty. I blame the internets.
We've had some fun walking in the bits of snow we had last week.
Was too cold to go out most days (like 1 friggin degree omgz), so she's showing some signs of cabin fever.
12-7 Insert extra whining. In the meantime, E is loving her books, reading them to herself and making the funniest sounding commentaries.
12-5 flying around in circles to music
Was too cold to go out most days (like 1 friggin degree omgz), so she's showing some signs of cabin fever. I love her new habit of making silly expressions, like the side-long glance.
12-10 (she cracked herself up right after this)
I have a hard time getting them on camera, however, so you have to trust us on this one.
see what I mean about her funny faces?
11-19
see what I mean about her funny faces?
11-19Yesterday, we made ginger cookies with Ezra and his mom Ashley. Caroline supervised and helped us to corral the kids so we could have fun. (more photos/some same here)
Emelia is becoming more interested in other kids, playing around at the playground and initiating more contact. It's super cool, but scares me a bit when she tries to follow the bigger kids on trickier park things like climbing up the slides...I'll get over it, I'm sure.
ok, this was brief, and I am sure I'll think of more. Enjoy the gratuitous photos!
12-3 the fan on the vacuum is always awesome
xo
12-5 out on someone's lawn11-14 snoopy dance (with Gma on the webcam)
12-10 dancing and babbling - a snippet
When did she get so BIG?!
ReplyDeletexo