Friday, January 1, 2010

01-01-10

Welcome all to a new year! We have high hopes for this year, what with me finishing school, D in a new job, and E growing and learning!

No pressure.
12-22 what? you don't do this?
FEET. nuff said.

12-21
12-18 ouch. how do they DO this?
12-17 in the stroller
Since I posted last, E has done so much. I've been home, enjoying my time to sleep in a LOT and hang out with Miss Whinypants. She has gotten quite clingy and mom-centered. This works ok for me most of the time, but can be exhausting for those others in her life. Like D. Crazy girl. Once I'm out of sight, E's happy and silly again of course, so it's all for show to impress me I guess.
climbing in, on top of, around is a new trick 12-14
APPLE! 12-14 (new faves)
hangin out at the doc's for a check up 12-14
E's been sleeping pretty well, now that she's sleep-trained US back into her old ways of holding her to sleep. We still win overall by getting her into the crib for half of the night though, and it really actually gets us more sleep overall I think. 12-16 reading to me
12-16 climbing random neighbors' stairs
Once I'm back into the school/internship swing I'm sure I'll need this cuddle time as much as her anyway. She's growing and will soon be toddling off to bed by herself. I see E being a stuffed-animal cuddler, or even the cats as she gets older too. (right now, she'll grab my hand, say "meow", and pull me to where there is a cat and she'll live vicariously by watching me pet the cats)

ME has been social, seeing a lot of our friends and neighbors--our downstairs neighbors finally got to see her run instead of just hearing her pound away (and gifted her with hat and Poohbear as well!). We love our 'hood, but wish it were closer to our too-distant family and other close friends. Such is life...the power of the internets will keep the world close. Will be interesting to see E grow up in such an interconnected world. 2010...wow.

Books, flipping through them herself or having us read them, have become a center of entertainment. Watching Sesame Street and Word World is also new, as it was a treat and is now a habit--she seems to benefit from the teaching on these shows oddly enough. Lots of words are now mimicked during the day, and she sings/babbles to herself a lot.
She and I spent an afternoon at her friend Melia's, and she was a treat to watch actually interacting and playing nicely all day! Since they are some of our good friends, it will hopefully become more of a habit in the future!
12-24 in snow at grandfolks' with Daddy
The 3 of us trekked out to g-ma's and pop-pop's (er, my folks) for Xmas.
It was a whirlwind for D who had to work on the 26th,
but us ladies stayed until Grandpa could drive us home on the 29th. What a visit! Full of stairs (falling down 1/3 flight only once the first day eep), decorations on the trees, playing in the snow with Corky and Daddy, 12-24
and basically wearing out the grandparents! 12-24 We saw good friends Libby and Dick, terrorized a Border's, and generally just had good food and good company. Oh and toys! and books! More plans had been made but we did enough to call it a vacation ... E ruled the roost and we all had fun :)

new words include: fly, butterfly, mananma (still, but it evolves and is hilarious), snow, boot, hat, bag, book, heehaw, EATeatEAT, more...and gosh knows what else she's saying half the time!
12-24
eating a full meal to amuse my dad 12-25 (his series of funny-faces helped)
12-25 prezzie time
12-30 "thought you said 'bonk pan'
12-29
12-28
12-27

1 comment:

  1. Yay! (So there, D! :p)

    I'm so glad you all had a wonderful holiday. Although, poor D, having to work Boxing Day. Yuck.

    Didn't you grow up on Sesame Street? It's a must for every kid!

    It's wonderful to know she's eating more! Now if she can just sleep on her own all night.

    xo

    ReplyDelete