The kid still is not into food, not on a regular basis anyway. She certainly likes to talk about it...but not actually partake
4-21 she climbed up by herself, making me freak outYup, here I am, posting at almost the 2 month mark!! (*edit:I wrote this late May and posting early June due to pix issues) Don't hate: been a tad bit busy. Getting home at 6pm is kinda losing its joy, if there was that, and it's dragging me down. E is still motoring on, getting taller ... but get this!! At her 2-yr + appointment on May 10th, the doc said she's STILL 22.5 pounds. (a favorite word of hers, maybe fueled by this, is "pounds"). Taller, faster, and speaking ever so more, yet still not getting to that 23 mark. Slays us.
about 4-17 reading to me
...and she skips.
Today, D and I noted that the "t" on the end of N words like moont, opent, downt has gone away. AWAY! And here we were just getting used to how darn cute it is. The little ferret.
4-13 hard to believe she's only 1/16 Polish
See, now she's a squiggle worm, in many ways from dancing to avoiding her hand being held. I call her a ferret in such instances. At night, she's my silly goose. When acting snotty, I default to calling her a ferret. Seems safer and less therapy-inducing for either of us.
Occasionally, like at breakfast, E will eat. Shocker! I know. But the rest of the day requires coaxing, and well, ignoring. Sneak-attacks and oval.tine are the main way to get viddamins into her. We are happy she likes so many foods, as long as she doesn't perceive them as "hot", but we wish she'd partake more often. Eh, with time...
Miss E is getting to that lovely stage where she's suddenly aware of: pooing, peeing, light/dark at night, and what we're up to ("Daddy! Corn!" meaning 'he's eating popcorn and I want some'). Can't wait to start full-swing on the potty training once I finish this program (JULY 16th!!!). She's totally ready. To celebrate, I just ordered "everybody poops". Joy.
5-28 last official day with Julia
Working on drawing, coloring in lines, and identifying shapes. Did I mention before that she knows EVERY letter of the alphabet and can do numbers to 10 now? A bit of encouragement on the 6 & 7, but she gets the rest. ME can control her hands better, still in a turned-over hand (pronated) grasp, but she's getting there.
5-23 colorz
Independence is starting, but she's still super-shy around other kids. Well, barring her bday party where Aiden, Jilly, and she were running train-style back and forth forever. After that, played with Ezra too--so neat to have all these kids here!
4-25 Bday party--Playing with Aiden, Jilly and also Ezra was a highlight--lots of kids running!
Had fun at the 2nd year party! Happy to see the friends and family here, sad that several others couldn't make it...Next time we hope!
and in the middle of the festivities, ME took a break to read. Aiden helped her to finish opening stuff :)
We ate all the cake, so maybe it was just the right number of folks after all :)! Note to self: more cake next year. E went around, offering up her mouth like a bird (makes me think of Clockwork Orange) and ate a bit from everyone. So sweet, acting like she eats in front of others.
ME is better at going out in general, so social and behaving for longer periods of time. If we could, we'd do it more! For my birthday, we were hosted by Auntie K and Uncle B for dinner at Abigails, which was quite yummy. (thanks to D for cooking most of it!)
The bike (read: wearing her helmet) is also acceptable, as are baths again. These activities require coaxing, but are accomplished! A new development, much less fun, is the screaming-bloody-murder if I try to cut her toenails. NOT cool. She does say "all done! all done!" until I am finished trying. Sorta cute. Nah, still not. Sitter Julia did get her nails painted, and it was lovely. Getting it off took more effort though!
5-4 Am I the prettiest??
ME loves her chore of feeding the cats every evening--to the point of trying to do it at breakfast and playing in the food. ew. She loves to try to "halp", and we'll bring bowls to her level to stir or to pour things. When she tosses food on the floor, she knows she will be helping to clean it up. All good and we hope will help her learn to be considerate as she grows up.
4-30 nope.
LOVES seeing her Pop-pop and Granma on the computer, if not in person. Soon soon, I promise her.
6-1 "feeding" the cats
Still sniffing every flower, and learning to skip along the way as we walk along the streets. Aware of EVERYthing--from the moon to the rain on tree leaves, to bird calls. It's cool again to see the world this way and we are ready for more...
Pigtails and all :)
xo
note: random pix to be added next post...I overloaded the system so far!!
No comments:
Post a Comment