Saturday, October 2, 2010

end of an era


squee!


It's finally happened.
I'm employed.
What does this imply? Well, for one I'm paying taxes again (that is, once I get my first paycheck after my 4th week or so grrrrrrrrr), and for another it means that we had to find an all-day daycare of sorts.

8/28: coloring yet agains

We're pretty ok with what we found. We did have to get physicals done and a dentist visit (at 2?? ah well). And finally, this week, it seems so is ME. It took some convincing--she loved the first 2 days when I went with her, but has cried every day for portions up until just this past week.
8/30: at the dentist!!
with Miss Kathy (who was sooo good with her)
ME really dug on the suction thing
 The place is in a school-type setting, sort of a "pre-pre-school". There is a curriculum but not really, just more of a schedule and smaller rooms than a true daycare. The downside is they rarely go outside, which leaves our little ME more confined than she is used to. The folks are supportive and, get this, they plan to start potty training soon!!!
telling another boy "don't cry". She later needed the same advice.
Huzzah, huzzah, complete with confetti and horns and dancing girls (of the toddler age).
9/1: ME in a basket: a new holiday gift for you and yours...
our newest version of vestibular torture: "do Meelya circles"
Since my last post, we've also had visitors! Last post, Nana had traveled from the wilds of Orange County. Then a few weeks later, during PopPop's birthday, Grrma, came by train to visit in order to enjoy the brief days of me post-exam and school and pre-work.

9-10 ish: new outfits and fun with Grrma



a fabulous game of doo-da-doooo!

cheez indeed
Just last weekend, Aunt Dana and Uncle Jason came for a few days (otherwise referred to as "uncle Dana" and "an Jason"...I almost think she swaps these on purpose). It was great to catch up and hangout for a few days.

9/25: with Auntie Dana

They were WONDERFUL guests--helpful in the cleaning and cooking and child-caring/entertaining departments. Unfortunately, the evil of daycare (the "petri dish" as doc Fred called it) is the illness exposure.
two feverish nappers
We all 3 got sick--first ME, then me, then D...just in time for our looked-forward-to weekend with D&J. Replete with fevers and last-minute babycare at home (thanks again Caroline, Aunt Kristy & Uncle Bill!) we were quite miserable. So during the Oregon-er visit, D was under the weather which was quite the bummer. Next time!! Maybe we'll get to hang with cousins nearer to ME's age in the Pacific Northwest. It's a goal.

As far as other random news, our good friends Eva and Rob L/L have tackled the wilds of pregnancy and brought forth one of the cutest babies ever just late last night! Sending Love & Congrats on your baby boy, guys!!

That's all I've got for now. Thought I should send out a post and pix. In a blog-review, I belatedly realized what happened: now with school over, I don't have anything to avoid with postings!! The volume has dropped off dramatically. I'm sure there will be protests and candle light vigils if I don't pick up the pace. Be strong, ya'll.

Hugs n stuffs.
 Enjoy various pictures from the past month. 
9/5: playing with Ezra--this was one of the few pictures of them sitting still.
There was a lot of hugging and squealing involved while we visited with Ez's new brother and folks.

how we play CDs here

watching the "puppy movie". Her new fave spot for viewing

see, she takes all her things off of her toddler bed, puts them on ours
then JUMPS on her bed

dang she's cute
8/29: o the mighty J!!

2 favorite objects



8/29: still diggin on the fa-fa (not allowed in school btw)


last night: watching MaryPoppins -- daily
 P.S.: First, no, not sure why no sound on our videos.
In light of the pumpkin famine, I have a treasure I found in the pantry (yes, it's still good too). Just a random gloat, here. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

    I hope everyone is feeling better!

    Pumpkin famine?!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete