Friday, August 27, 2010

"On top of mountain!" and other quaint phrases

 5-15
at my folks' 7-24
Sooooo this post was written a bit ago, like 2 weeks (today being Aug 27).  5-23 I've been a bit busy. As in studying and job finding (found!), daycare (preschool Found!), and dealing with Miss E's new tantrum pose of hitting her head on things in anger. Which I hate. Tonight, she even went so far as to scream til she puked. I think because I agreed to stop giving her the bath she Did Not Want. Let's just say on nights like this, she goes to sleep in 3 minutes. mixed emotions...


 6-1 her chore of feeding cats
We also had a family illness (not fun) consisting of E having an 104+ fever for a few days then all 3 of us (still) have cold-like ickiness. blarg. Then Gram Nana was here last weekend. 
E got to climb all over her, was gifted with books and a cute teddy bear, singing songs together, and lotsa love.
 at the B'hai temple
Today was a fun-one. Had a kid I used to sit for watch E for a couple hours while I studied, came home to a friend stopping by before moving to London (!!), and then a friend from class took E to the park while I took a practice exam. Probably why she was mad later, even with a Mary Poppins treatment.
I'm just going to plug in photos and post this sucker. Below are my ramblings from earlier...I know, y'all are here for the pix! xoxo
----------
Ok, ok! (which, by the way, is a current E phrase when she's really saying "no, but if you insist, I still won't do xyz")
Sorry to all the E fans out there: It's been a busy couple of months. Sure, I've had a bunch of downtime and could have written an entry...but there are these other things that I've been avoiding that preclude me doing anything fun as a procrastination device. Like this here blog. Oh, and I sorta graduated but still have to study for a huuuuuge exam before I can work.
 5-18


Most importantly, what has happened in the World of Miss E? A bunch. She is, after all, a toddler. Life is full of changes, new experiences, and a sh*t-ton of time-outs. First of all, she has managed, in 6 months, to gain ONE WHOLE POUND+. yup. She's also now grown to 33"(34.5" according to the doc on 8/24)-- a 2.5" growth in the same time.  6-23 

Wacky. We should be measuring her arms and thighs, which have gotten amazingly stronger. E likes to lift herself up between the table and couch, saying "big and shtrong!", her own personal training program between running hallway laps.  
Naps. O naps...they come and go. A new development, earlier than we planned, has been the introduction of the toddler bed. Not exactly fun, nor working out so well. E went from doing pretty good with crib sleeping to suddenly: BONK--falling out on her head. So we are now messing with this easy-access option instead.  6-6 bath time
Which then leads to…a delay in potty training. Really, an ideal time for that route (self-aware, I’m home a ton until work happens) but a) She ain’t buyin what we’re sellin’ and b) one change at a time. More to come on that as progress occurs. Wish us luck.
In the world of words, there is no where to start or end. E now has a huge vocabulary, and uses it. Some favorite phrases are the “on top of mountain” = for up high, “too heavy” = for anything she can’t/won’t carry, “please honey” = for any request (comes from me calling her honey a lot), “boo boo” = for any blemish on anyone, "Mama/Daddy sit. down. here."= for playing with her in a new place, "being careful Meelya" = when she isn't, and “DON’T WANT” = I think you get this one. O, and a favorite: “evreebuddee poops”. Pretty good use of please/thank you/bless you, I’m pleased to say.  Still not a fan of following directions (another reason to delay potty training). E will amuse herself for hours, unless she decides not to (like colors on the table, comes to tell us about it, and points at it going “wrong!” or “only paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa perrrrrrrrr”). Unfortunately, we are battling with hitting, and time-outs have mixed effects. She also likes to provoke (duh, she’s 2) and will jump up and down on furniture if there’s anybody watching (leading to a time out of 10 seconds and mixed success rate).
 lots from 7-2

Adorably, she loves to give kisses, play with stuffed animals, label her surroundings, cuddle, chase the cats (ok they don’t like that), giggle/laugh, sing to herself (twinkle twinkle, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and Wheels on the Bus get a fun mix).  
 7-3 Piglet from A. Kristy






The 2 of us went homeward to ole Milford to hang after my graduation  for 10 days, leaving daddy to his own devices (mostly, working a lot). Since there are multiple staircases, we played musical gates to try to limit head damage. Worked pretty well, E got a TON of lovin’. We got to play outside, pick blueberries, play with Corky , play in the washtub , go on the GATOR!, 
annoy tree frogs,  7-25 
pick up a snake, sniff a million flowers, watch the trees/clouds, go to the mall (thanks for the new shoes, PopPop!), read, play with Grrma & PopPop a LOT, eat (shockingly, this went well, especially corn on the cob), and generally have a good time.  In the meantime, I had 14”of hair cut off and an Egocentrix spa-day
with cuz Kathy 7-23
Daddy came to pick us up and have a moment of nature-love of his own.

As far as coloring and pre-writing skills go, E is progressing. She uses a finger tip pose, alternating right and left still, can copy lines, and colors a bit closer to one area at a time (not quite in the lines, but she’s thinking about it). Coloring is by far the BEST activity EVER – except for watching dolphins (“watch dophins? Ok.”). She can feed herself, and is better at that the more we relax about it (duh).  8-6
Miss E is finally getting more interested in other kids, having a blast at preferred-friend Ez’s 2ndbirthday and doing more than always staring at other mini-humans when at the playground. 
Dan & Nancy here 8-14
 8-16 new bike, too big...
She is getting more daring, taking a frightening just-out-of-reach backflip onto the ground last week (still freaking out about that). E initiates playing with kids in random areas--Border's, the store, at Auntie Eva's house (hi Nolan!). This is awesome.
It is fun watching Miss E grow, learn, explore…and learning how to best support her in doing that (without hurting herself or becoming nasty) is our adventure. Seeing the world through new eyes (as my dad says, she misses NOTHING) is super fun stuff. 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment