Friday, July 4, 2008

and so it goes

Was a hard week for our family, as we lost a treasured new addition suddenly and without warning.

Go kiss your little ones.

On a lighter note, here's my dad, Miss E, and her daddy, hangin' on the couch having a chat.

I went home to Michigan for a few days, so my mom could smooch her baby. New job for mom (yay!) means no more extraneous vacation time (boo!), and my dad did a round-trip twice so I could be there for a few days. Sadly, tragedy hit and my mom flew to Phoenix. So expect future photos of Gram and Grampa here in Chicago in the next coupla weeks.

It has happened, by the bye, that Emelia has become fun! Although she still sleeps like a quadrillion hours, marked by fits of eating/pooping/peeing, when she is awake she is engaging. Typically, E wakes up ready to giggle and coo at her monkey-mirror. If we're lucky, she then turns the charm on us. O what a pleasure she has become!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your family's loss, and I'm so glad that little Miss E is coming out of her shell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 more days and I get to squeeze all of yous!!!! WOOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete