Friday, July 18, 2008

boredom is okay

Today, I'm bored.


This is funny, as I really have no reason to. There's this little life, totally dependent on me while D is away working long hours. She's engaging and cute and growing and, well, she's my everything.

So why am I bored?
I had a close friend, Eva, stop by today and bring lunch.
We chatted, caught up, played with E, and ate some yummy food. Emelia even attempted a roll over from stomach to back for Eva, which was quite exciting.

So why am I bored?

E had about 4 poopy diapers, some laughs, bonked her head (yesterday was #1 on D's desk, today I did it getting out the car seat). No real screams, some adorable yawns. <-- yesterday we all played WoW for a while. E likes the action.

I think the boredom is more of a frame of mind. I KNOW that in just one month my life is changing again. I have been in this apartment a vast majority of my hours since March 1. I have been joined by this thriving joy since April 24. I've gotten used to change change and anticipation of change. So as I'm gathering my things for school, getting books delivered, getting vaccination test/results, I am realizing that I'm getting a pattern. We sleep most of the night, E wakes up all smiley, D goes off to work forever hours, and I change about 20 diapers. This is a pattern.

In other words, things are going great!! I have the smiles I ordered, the sleep I desired, and our health as a family. Bills are paid, Obama is making more positive press, no snow on the ground, and friends/family come to visit. Life is good.

I guess that is what boredom is! It's really just reaching the state of non-stress for a minute. A pause in the hectic hubabubba of things. Time to reflect and to nap and to dream. Maybe I just need to challenge myself and dream a little more, worry a little less (always a good idea over here), and accept that I am actually HAPPY. huh.
shh! don't tell!

3 comments:

  1. Happy is good. Contentment is good. It's not terribly exciting, though. Which might be very strange since you've been doing exciting for a few years now. Enjoy the peace, you'll have chaos soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Motherhood, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete