Monday, July 14, 2008

definition of shiny


This past weekend was a wonderful one. My dear Bleen came to light up our lives for a few days, and it was great, see her post for some pics! We mostly just chatted and walked, and had dinner with our friend Goo and his friend Andrias down at Park Grill Saturday. This was mostly so we could see D and include him a little in our evening. Sous chef hours stink, let that be known.

I'm definitely getting more used to the Maya sling for carrying Emelia around. As a matter of fact, she is sleeping in it right now. For whatever reason, E didn't poo from Friday night until last night, and when she did omg it was a doozy. She didn't seem uncomfortable, but she was laughing her butt off at the success of blow-out! E kicked all last night, and then did the poo-assplosion two more times again this morning. Therefore, she is now cranky and exhausted. Tough work! The sling lets her be in my arms, but let my arms be doing something else. I have a lot to do.

There are 5 more weeks remaining until my life changes. That is not quite fair, OUR life is going to change. Never again will I be able to sit around all day without any worries or plans, as from here on out, I will be in school then working. Hopefully, the universe allows that I can work part time until E goes to school. This is a goal that I hope to fulfill. OT is such an enriching field with so many opportunities, that yes, I am excited to start school and get into my next stage in life. This is it, no more school, so as of July 2010 I hope to just go onward. Well, unless I do decide to get a PhD so I can teach...also a desire of mine.

Books are trickling in, and I can't say enough about how good an experience it has been to use the discounted sellers through Amazon. Well, so far so good. A few more are left to come. Wish I trusted it enough in the past, as we saved over $100 doing it this way.

Time to get some things done, and see what new things E discovers in life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment