The program load is ridiculous--18 credits. Maybe after it's all said and done I will feel otherwise, but it is going to be hard. Uber suckage hard. The department seems organized and quite supportive, so I guess it's just how life will be for 4 months. After this, the program is supposed to make more sense and settle into a good deal of field work and hands on. Very research heavy, but in order to stay abreast of the newest innovations, I am going to have to really get comfy with research. Eh, I'll try to pretend I'm reading another type of knitting blog!! Maybe I can incorporate knitting into a therapy program somewhere down the road. Oooh the possibilities!
There is a new addition to the dept, a Professor Barocco (I'll find her real spelling later) and her specialty is the connection between Primary Care Givers (often mothers) and their children. I've already talked to her a bit and she seems helpful and cool. This place is full of resources, I tell ya.
Emelia has taken well to her days without me, it seems. Between D and a sitter, she was fine eating the expressed milk by bottle, but when I came home she went right to nursing no problemo. A relief, there.
So here's a treat of her falling around the place, just being completely overwhelmed by shininess and the hiccups (Her feet are on a pillow as she's barely too light to touch the ground. Give her a week.)
Here's one of her sleeping. Because isn't that the cutest? She wakes up with a smile most of the time.
Awww. The sleeping one was great. When she woke up and gave that big grin it reminded me a LOT of Darrell. Not that I see him waking up and smiling. Er...oh my...I'll just stop now...
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the first two days went well. I think that's a good sign. Of course, she's doing well. She has new people to adore her during the day and her parents to adore her at night.
ReplyDeletegot to see my baby in action, Paul was right, the jumperoo is definitely for the babies to get going. Ms E's legs will be so strong, the cats aren't going to know what is after them.
ReplyDeleteluv you, m