Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Robster Craw

These Boots Shoes Were Made For Walking Pinching.

As an aside, Kel ordered these sweet toddler old man slipper/patent Corinthian pLeather shoe things for LLBeanz. Yar... that's a lobster. Maine or no, I know not. Also, Left Claw North, Right Claw South. I love lobsters. They suck to eat, and I dislike the taste. But everything else is awesome.


ANYway. Emelia has been making awesome leaps and bounds on the crawling and pulling-up front. She entertains herself for extended periods

of time, which makes daily life a bit easier. I can cook, run errands, or take a quick nap while she has a one sided conversation with herself in the Pack n Play.

"Wasssaaa!!" She's a big fan of baths and water, at least for the time being. We usually squeeze a washcloth of water over her head and it pours down. blink blink, sniff... tongue out.... Resume playing with frog/duck.

Overall, it's really incredible seeing the changes that have come. 9 1/2 months has gone by in a flash, and the fact that she is crawling, pulling up, walking along the edge of stuff, laughing, eating... This is all banal, day to day crap, but all adds up.


Her personality is starting to coalesce. I can't really describe it, because to most people she probably comes across as a baby. But! Her eye contact, facial expressions, body language and howls/yelps all serve to add to the communication she has at her disposal. She's been introduced to a few new people over the last couple weeks, and while not leaping for joy at them, she warms up after assessment.


Out



1 comment: